Sarah Jarosz, of Waterville, a senior at Erskine Academy, in South China, has been selected to receive the 2020 Principal’s Award, Headmaster Michael McQuarrie announced recently. The award, sponsored by the Maine Principal’s Association, is given in recognition of a high school senior’s academic excellence, outstanding school citizenship, and leadership.
Jarosz is a consistent high-honors student in a highly competitive academic program that includes all classes taken at the honors or accelerated level and numerous Advanced Placement courses and Concurrent Enrollment classes with nearby colleges. She has received recognition and accolades from within and outside the school for her standout accomplishments in the classroom, athletics, dance, and several hundred hours of voluntary community service.
“Sarah is universally respected and esteemed by the school community. She is an exemplary student, citizen, and fine representative of Erskine Academy and young people in general, and she personifies the school’s core values of scholarship, leadership, stewardship and relationships,” noted Headmaster McQuarrie when making the award.
Jarosz, McQuarrie, and other award winners and their principals will attend an Honors Luncheon at Jeff’s Catering in Brewer on Saturday, April 4, 2020, at 12:30 p.m.
The Honors Luncheon recognizes outstanding students, such as Jarosz, with the presentation of an individual plaque and the awarding of seven $1,000 scholarships in the names of former Maine principals and MPA executive directors.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Congratulations to area graduates — Class of 2020
- Youth football in Waterville
- Mid-Maine Chamber presents perfect attendance awards at Albert S. Hall school
- Erskine Academy holds virtual 2020 Renaissance awards
- It’s graduation season for area high schools
- Erskine Academy announces top 10 seniors Class of 2020
- Michael Oliveira earns fall 2019 dean’s list honors at Roger Williams University
- Local students on dean’s list at Dean College for Fall 2019
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house