On April 23, Congress passed a new $484 billion coronavirus package that positively impacts agricultural and forestry businesses. DACF strongly encourages Maine agricultural businesses to quickly apply for these programs.
The Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL) now applies to agricultural businesses. Specifically, agricultural enterprises as defined by section 18(b) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 647(b)) with not more than 500 employees can now apply to receive EIDL grants and loans.
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) fund has been replenished by approximately $310 billion.
You can apply through any existing SBA 7(a) lender or through any federally insured depository institution, federally insured credit union, and Farm Credit System institution that is participating.
Understanding loan and grant options:
For assistance with your PPP application, contact your local bank or credit union representative.
For assistance with your EIDL application, contact SBA Maine:
SCORE Maine is a resource partner of the SBA and provides business mentorship to small businesses
Find additional information on DACF’s COVID-19 website and by contacting Agricultural Resource Division staff at (207) 287-3491 for help getting pointed in the right direction.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- New Dimensions FCU moves into new space
- Dreaming of a Christmas of good health and world peace
- LETTERS: It shouldn’t take a pandemic to underscore need for high speed internet
- Two Maine outdoor recreation startups collaborate to get more Mainers outdoors
- Free invasive plant management plans available
- Camp Tracy to open June 8
- Instructional coaches link arms with teachers to navigate distance learning
- Saluting RSU #18 Nutrition Angels
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) applications being accepted
- Is your loved one in a nursing home? Six questions you need to ask