Come help Maine’s only Leap Year town celebrate its anniversary! All the fun begins on Wednesday, February 26, with Saturday, February 29, being a day filled with family friendly fun! The schedule of events looks like this:
Wednesday, February 26 – FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT: 6 – 8 p.m., at the Fairview Grange #342, in the village. Hot dogs, popcorn, drinks and snacks available.
Thursday, February 27, Join us at the Fairview Grange #342, for a MURDER MYSTERY DINNER – $25 per person and space is limited, 6 p.m. Get your tickets at the Town Office ASAP! This event is BYOB.
Friday, February 28 — THE LEAP YEAR TONIGHT SHOW, featuring local entertainment – musicians, dancers, comedians surprise guests! Fairview Grange #342, 7 – 9 p.m.
Saturday, February 29 – VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE SHOW & SWAP at TRI-POND VARIETY, Corner of Rtes. 137 & 8. 9 a.m., registration. Raffles, evening trail ride and so much more. FMI go to their Facebook page.
MUNICIPAL COMPLEX EVENTS – Sat. Feb 29:
- GRAB A HOT LUNCH at the Firehouse! SVFD firefighters will be serving it up! (Donations accepted!) noon – 2 p.m.
- FREE HOT CHOCOLATE BAR OPEN ALL DAY in the fire House. 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Smithfield Maine Historical Society Powerpoint Presentation with Postcards & Photos from 1860 – today! 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Red Cross and SCART Team 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- AFFORDABLE PET CLINIC – Jordan Farm Livestock Rescue 9 a.m. – noon. FREE PHOTOS OF YOUR PETS!
- SNOW SCULPTURE CONTEST – make it a family event or grab your friends! Pre-register at town office. Supplies provided, 9 a.m., Prizes awarded at 2 p.m.
- TOBOGGAN RACES! Get your team ready! 1 – 3 p.m., pre-register in the town office. PRIZES AWARDED 3:15 p.m.!
Banners and fliers will be posted in and around Smithfield – so be on the look out!
Thanks to the many local businesses for sponsoring all of the planned events — unless otherwise stated, everything is FREE! (Donations happily accepted and go toward Summer Leap Year Celebration Events in August!)
Please call 207-362-4772 for more information, and how you can be part of the fun as a volunteer!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!