Zoey Trussel, of Waterville, has been selected as the scholarship recipient from a field of applicants.
Zoey ranked second in her class at Waterville Senior High School. She started volunteering at a young age, along with her sister. She volunteered at Adult Ed with disabled adults and volunteered at Alfond Youth Center distributing meals during COVID.
Zoey assisted the swim team and drama club at Waterville Junior High. She worked with the National Honors Society Chapter to organize a Voting Registration Drive to promote civic engagement, along with many other projects.
Zoey will be attending the University of Maine at Orono to pursue elementary education.
The annual scholarship was established in memory of Joseph B. Ezhaya, a community leader who was known for his generosity and dedication to civic engagement.
This $750 annual scholarship will be distributed to the recipient after the completion of her first semester with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and will be awarded for up to four years, for a total of $3,000.00.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- PHOTOS: Opening day for Waterville youth football
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Kringleville volunteers
- Mosaic workshop to be held on Sept. 13 for grieving children
- Central Maine youth ballplayers meet the big leaguers
- Two community leaders at Purnell Wrigley Field kicked off the 2021, 11-year-old New England Cal Ripken Baseball championship on July 16-18
- Mid-Maine Big Brothers Big Sisters receive grant to launch “Bigs with Badges” in Augusta
- New Dimensions FCU announces results of Cruisin’ for a Cure car show
- Sam Fegel achieves Eagle Scout status
- Taste of Waterville Brew Punch Cards available