On Thursday, July 15, 2021, at the July Palermo selectmen’s meeting, a check for $800 was presented to the Palermo Volunteer Fire Department Chief Roger Kormandt, by the Palermo Women’s Extension Group, to be used for much needed equipment/materials.
The check was made out to the Town of Palermo for the express use of the Palermo Volunteer Fire Department. As a gift, the $800 may be used only for this purpose. The check was presented to Chief Kormandt by Anne Kurek, vice president, Palermo Women’s Extension Group. Chief Kormandt then gave the check to Mary Andrews, town clerk, to keep for the fire department.
The Palermo Women’s Extension Group was pleased to present this gift to the Palermo Volunteer Fire Department. And are happy to know that it will benefit the Town of Palermo and its residents.
Also in attendance were selectboard members: Chairman Robert Kurek, Ilene McKenney, and Pam Swift, Deputy Fire Chief Josh Seikens, Sherry Kormandt, and Diane Bent, treasurer, Palermo Women’s Extension Group.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Various broadband initiatives across Maine to provide improved access
- Palermo woman elected to board of trustees at library
- Sheepscot Lake Association holds 2019 annual meeting
- Self defense, computer classes in Palermo
- Time to order citrus fruit
- China Transfer Committee discusses raising transfer station fees for Palermo residents
- Transformation Project
- CHINA: Land parcel sale back to square one
- CHINA: Follow-up on land sale story from last week
- China Broadband Committee had a busy September