Susan and Scott Monroe have owned their home and summered on China Lake for 14 years. They recently have moved permanently to this well-maintained home on the east side of China Lake. They love being on the lake. Susan calls it her piece of heaven. With a little help from the Youth Conservation Corp, Susan and Scott received the LakeSmart award and have two signs to post on their property.
There are many properties that have a steep slope at their lake front. Keeping vegetation on the slope like woody shrubs and tall trees and ground cover is lake friendly and protective for the lake. In many cases, the Youth Conservation Corp can assist property owners to strengthen this area.
If you are interested in having a free LakeSmart visit by a volunteer for ideas and information, and would like the YCC to assist with adding a better buffer for you, Contact China Lake Smart at ChinalakeSmart@gmail.com or call Marie Michaud at 207-242-2040. If you think your property is ready for the LakeSmart Award, contact us too!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LakeSmart designation awarded to two China Lake residents
- 2021 Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) at work
- Downer and Stone are LakeSmart award recipients
- LakeSmart Award earned by Peter and Sandra Nelson
- LAKESMART: Geoff and Patricia Hargadon
- LAKESMART: Jeanne Marquis and dad, Carl J. Stenholm
- Beans, beans and more beans!
- Managing lands for high quality water: Kennebec Water District’s Watershed Management
- Moving forward with the South China Public Library
- Erskine’s Samantha Golden presented with Heisman High School Scholarship