The 6th annual Cruisin’ For a Cure Car Show, sponsored by the New Dimensions Federal Credit Union, has announced that this year’s event raised $11,741.55 for the cancer program. With an additional $5,000 award from the Children’s Miracle Network, the new total raised is $16,741.55.
Each year the proceeds from the car show benefit the Maine Children’s Cancer Program (MCCP), an affiliate of The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center, and is located in Scarborough. The Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals the matched the award.
This year’s event was the biggest event yet with a record-breaking 160 participants who entered their cars into one of the 24 car classes offered. DJ Mike Davis played music from the ‘70s, ‘80s, and ‘90s, the Flamingo Café food table sported lengthy lines all day, and the trophies were accepted with giant smiles and pride one-by-one.
Thank you has been extended to the participants, businesses, and community for their continued support of the Cruisin’ For A Cure Car Show. Additionally, they are thankful to car enthusiasts who proudly showcase their beautiful cars each year.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- PHOTO: Four generations
- New Dimension FCU announces scholarship program winners
- Waterville Farmers Market open
- Waterville scouts do clean up work at Fort Knox as a service project
- Local children’s book author releases new book
- Waterville Creates announces plan to resume in-person programming
- Waterville Rotary club wraps up successful grant program for food insecurity
- PHOTO: Waiting for the change
- Waterville Creates to receive 2021 Excellence in Arts Advocacy award
- Temple Academy Outreach Team doing great things within our community