Submitted by Connie Bellet
Just because we can’t have big Thanksgiving gatherings doesn’t mean we can’t have an elegant pie to finish off the most celebrated dinner of the year. Several of Palermo’s Food Pantry volunteers are seeking to raise money to keep the Community Center’s heat on and the freezers running so our neighbors can continue to pick up food for their families on a weekly basis. We are baking traditional pies with local pumpkins, apples, and berries to order so you can pick them up on November 25. For only $10, you might choose a pumpkin, apple, pecan, chocolate creme, or peanut butter creme pie. Pumpkin with a pecan crust is $13, and the apple pie with a cheddar crust is $15. Except for the apple pie with cheddar crust, which is bigger, these are all 9-inch pies.
Orders must be in by November 18. Please call Pauline at 993-3033, or leave a message for Connie at 993-2294. They will call you on November 25 so you can pick up pies at the Palermo Community Center, and pay cash. This will be as contact-free as possible, with curbside pickup just off the deck. There will only be about 30 pies available, so place your order as soon as possible. If you have a special request, please let Pauline know.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Transformation Project
- Another year of outstanding water quality at Sheepscot
- Volunteers firefighters to hold Picnic in Palermo
- Palermo VFD receives gift from women’s extension group
- Palermo library board’s Christmas in July meeting held
- PHOTO: Courtesy boat inspectors on the job at Sheepscot Lake
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Last chance to order Vidalia onions!
- Vidalia onions returning as Palermo community center fundraiser
- Palermo student earns climate scholarship