by Amarinda Keys
Director, Children’s Discovery Museum
This holiday season, the Children’s Discovery Museum hosted a city-wide light celebration! Light displays moved outside of just Main Street this year, as businesses and individuals decorated their properties with lights to celebrate the holidays. The registered parties were then compiled into a city-wide map available for members of the community so they can drive by and admire the decorations!
The event kicked off on Friday, November 27, 2020, and Santa made a loop around to visit many of the properties, waving to the participants as he went by. The properties were also visited by a panel of judges who carefully selected the winner: Chris Griswold’s World, at 12 Woodlawn Drive, in Winslow. Runners up include A Whale of a Holiday, at 585 Clinton Ave., in Winslow, A Merry FrankLin Christmas, at 39 Franklin St., in Waterville, 75% off, at 45 Roosevelt Ave., in Waterville, Frosty’s Corner, at 310 Cemetery Street, in Vassalboro, and Forest of Trees, at 451 Cushman Rd., in Winslow.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- PHOTOS: Opening day for Waterville youth football
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Kringleville volunteers
- Mosaic workshop to be held on Sept. 13 for grieving children
- Central Maine youth ballplayers meet the big leaguers
- Mid-Maine Chamber announces scholarship winner
- Two community leaders at Purnell Wrigley Field kicked off the 2021, 11-year-old New England Cal Ripken Baseball championship on July 16-18
- Mid-Maine Big Brothers Big Sisters receive grant to launch “Bigs with Badges” in Augusta
- New Dimensions FCU announces results of Cruisin’ for a Cure car show
- Sam Fegel achieves Eagle Scout status