Looking for an easy, effective way to support a local food pantry during these difficult economic times? For the month of February, Winslow Community Cupboard food pantry will receive a $1 donation from each purchase of the $2.50 reusable “Fight Hunger” Shopping Bag at the Hannaford supermarket located at 190 Kennedy Memorial Drive, JFK Plaza, in Waterville.
Every dollar donated will go directly to assist food-insecure children, seniors, and other adults in Winslow, Waterville, Clinton, and Benton—more than 140 families in all, with demand steadily rising. According to Good Shepherd Food Bank and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 13.6 percent of Maine’s households are now food insecure, which is nearly 2 percent above the national average.
Those unable to purchase the Hannaford “Fight Hunger” Shopping Bag, or who wish to make a direct donation, may do so by mailing a check payable to “Winslow Community Cupboard” to: Winslow Community Cupboard / 12 Lithgow St. / Winslow, ME 04901. Credit card or PayPal donations are also greatly appreciated at this link: https://winslow ucc.org/winslow-community-cupboard/
Winslow Community Cupboard is a ministry of Winslow Congregational Church, 12 Lithgow Street, Winslow, which has served the local community since 1828.
For more information, please contact Winslow Community Cupboard at WinslowCupboard@Gmail.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Temple Academy Outreach Team doing great things within our community
- Parochial vicar named to Corpus Christi Parish
- It’s graduation season for area high schools
- Local groups observe 76th anniversary of D-Day invasion
- Maine politics: A conversation with five local legislators
- Dow poster contest winner 2019
- New pastor at First Baptist Church, in Waterville
- Lead drills at football clinic
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Vassalboro, Winslow: Before/After program receives gold recognition