submitted by Paul Thompson, Carrabec High School biology teacher
The Carrabec High School, in North Anson, biology students thank Julie Davenport and Jim Ferrante for their forestry presentation. Jim and Julie are foresters who work for the Maine Forest Service. On Tuesday, June 8, and Wednesday, June 9, they came to the high school and spoke to the biology classes. As well as describing the local forest ecology beside the high school, they also talked about the type of work they do as foresters.
This involves working with private landowners, logging companies, paper companies and others. Jim and Julie also talked about the education, training, and personal experience that prepared them to do what they do. This was a rich and necessary presentation for the high school students. As Julie and Jim related, there is a great need for people to do this kind of work.
There are, and will continue to be, many opportunities for people in this and related fields. It is a chance to stay in Maine, do meaningful work, and be outside while you are doing it. What could be better?
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Carrabec High School 4th quarter 2021 honor roll
- Carrabec High School announces top 10 seniors for 2021
- Carrabec High School third quarter honor roll
- Courtney Peabody earns MPA award
- Carrabec High School first quarter honor roll
- Carrabec High School third quarter honor roll 2020
- Carrabec High School announces top 10 seniors class of 2020
- Annika Carey receives MPA Principals Award
- Vassalboro school supplies drive at VCS
- Sean Spillane receives degree in master of science