February 9 was Boy Scout Sunday at China Baptist Church. Troop #479 is sponsored by and meets weekly in the church vestry fellowship hall. Each year they participate in a Sunday service honoring and celebrating the Boy Scout program. This year was especially moving as the whole troop joined the church choir to sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic. The scouts led each part of the service that culminated with one of the scouts having a conversation with “God” for the message. The scouts also served the coffee hour fellowship following the service. Ron Emery works with the scouts and the pastor to plan the service. Thank you to Scott and Priscilla Adams for their many years of service to the church, community, and the troop.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Academy second trimester honor roll (Spring 2020)
- The bird man of South China: 100 birdhouses or bust!
- CFAL committee meets to discuss volunteer needs and efforts
- China Food Pantry to implement new procedures for safety
- China town manager presents plan on coronavirus
- China Middle School JMG students awarded community grant
- Volunteer firefighters: answering the call to help neighbors
- Four Seasons Club fishing derby big success
- ICE OUT 2020? Take a guess. Win a prize!
- Four Seasons Club fishing derby revived