The magic of Christmas is furry and four-footed at Pumpkin Vine Farm’s Holiday Craft Markets on December 3 and 17. In Scandinavian tradition, the Yule Goat brings presents to children at Christmas, accompanied by the Tomten, a farm gnome who looks after the well-being of the animals. The farm’s Yule Goat and Tomten will be visiting with children between 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., with a special story time beginning at noon and 1 p.m. Children will have the opportunity to make a special treat for the animals in their neighborhood.
Following a visit to the barn, browse the local crafts and farm-fresh treats at the farm’s holiday market. All our products are made by local artisans and reflect the beauty and bounty of nature, from wreaths to wooden bowls, hand-knits, skin-care products, and jewelry. Our edible treats include cajeta (goat’s milk caramel sauce) and truffles, local honey, and squash, pumpkins and other veggies for your Christmas feast.
Bring your walking boots (and a sled if it’s snowy) to enjoy the beauty of the farm’s hills and fields in winter; we’ll have a fire and free hot chocolate to warm you inside and out! The farm is located at 217 Hewett Rd., in Somerville; for more information, visit www.pumpkinvinefamilyfarm.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 549-3096.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Halloween Farm Fete October 27
- Frolic in the Field Aug 10 at Pumpkin Vine Family Farm
- Students learn about fire prevention
- Somerville’s Lily Thompson is STAR student of the month
- Folk concert & Contra dance at Pumpkin Vine Farm Aug. 12
- Winslow’s Veterans Park in need of volunteers
- Let Them Play Rally on Labor Day
- Bottle drive helps fund Cub Scout programs
- China resident recognized with prestigious Sages award
- KV tourism council awards sponsorship to Mid-Maine Chamber