Don and Christa Pauley, of South China, are celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary on August 19, 2021. They were married in Raymond on August 19, 1956, and moved to South China in 1958 after Don’s active duty in the U.S. Army. They bought their home on China Lake in 1960. Don served on all town boards over a span of 20 years with the exception of the planning board. He is the last of the original three-man board of selectmen.
Christa was gifted with a powerful lyric soprano voice and gave of her talent to so many weddings, funerals and the great adult variety shows for Erskine Academy in the 1960s through the 1980s. Don was her accompanist and gave of his time to accompany the Erskine Academy Chic-a-Laca student shows and the adult Boosters of Erskine Academy (BEA Club) variety shows during those same years. Don retired from Brown and Pauley Fluid Power Engineering Company that he and his good friend, Bill Brown, founded when he retired in 1999 at age 65.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China candidates forum canceled
- Erskine Academy announces National Merit Scholarship students
- CHINA: Land parcel sale back to square one
- CHINA: Follow-up on land sale story from last week
- China Broadband Committee had a busy September
- Fall events hosted by the China Village Library
- Up and down the Kennebec Valley: More high schools
- Just Our Jams raises money for local food pantry
- LakeSmart designation awarded to two China Lake residents
- Interviews with China Lake Association leadership; Goal is to educate, re-engage membership