The Nov. 25 China selectmen’s meeting opened with a proclamation by Town Manager Dennis Heath marking the day as “David Addis Herard Day” in honor of the late head of China Rescue. The manager summarized Herard’s many services to his town and his country and presented a certificate to his daughter, Kate Herard, who wiped away tears as she and others agreed her father would have enlivened the serious moment with a witty remark.
See Ron Maxwell’s tribute to David Herard here.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- JMG announces students of the quarter in China
- China resident is Maine’s Conservation Officer of the Year
- China Middle Schoolers tour Kennebec Technologies
- China Boy Scouts hold Sunday Service at China Baptist Church
- Addition, renovations completed at China Middle School
- 2019-’20 Real Estate Tax Due Dates
- Karen Hatch: Queen of the Swap Shop
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house
- Erskine holds fundraiser for koalas