The Sew for a Cause group is working with American Legion Post #126, in Vassalboro, on a project. The ladies have made a couple hundred patriotic themed Christmas stockings.
Members of American Legion Post #126 are also collecting personal care items such as shampoo, shaving cream, socks, soap, etc., and snack treats to fill the stockings. The stockings will be donated to veterans at Togus VA, in Augusta. Anyone interested in donating items can contact St. Bridget Center, at 207 616-3148.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro Library to host animal events
- Vassalboro library animal events planned
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Vassalboro Historical Society to hold local art contest
- Mid-Maine Chamber golf fundraiser draws many players
- Vassalboro neighborhood yard sale June 4 – 6, 2021
- Vassalboro holds 250th anniversary commemoration and Civil War monument re-dedication
- Town of Vassalboro 250th Anniversary Commemoration
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2021
- Vassalboro: Light up the Season 2020