The Whitefield Lions club took part in judging Peace Posters from four different schools – Jefferson, Whitefield, Chelsea, Palermo. The contest asked the students to draw the Journey to Peace. At the Thursday meeting, the winners from the contest came to the Whitefield Lions club to receive recognition and awards. The first place winners will move on to the next round of competition. the Lions are an international service group and this competition will eventually display the final winning posters at the United Nations Lions Day.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- School year 2020: Difficult choices for parents
- Erskine Bus Schedule – Fall 2019
- Palermo student salutatorian for online school graduation ceremony
- Annika Carey receives MPA Principals Award
- Erskine Renaissance Awards presented for December 2019
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Local Naval boatswain underway
- Peace poster contest winners announced in Whitefield
- Palermo School third trimester honor roll 2018
- Lions announce winners