WOW!! Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of our community, the China Community Food Pantry has been able to serve 53 families this year AND, in addition, you have given us a healthy head start on being able to offer our families a turkey at Christmas time as well. Thank you all so very, very much. The outpouring of support from this community was both humbling and staggering. We are so very, very grateful to each and every one of you.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- What to expect at the polls in China on July 14
- Boat inspectors on duty
- Scaled back Memorial Day observances in central Maine
- Managing lands for high quality water: Kennebec Water District’s watershed management
- Memorial Day parade canceled
- Pandemic casualty: China Dine-ah closing permanently
- South China’s Al Kramer to celebrate 100th birthday May 21
- Les Ames, remembered as family man, decorated veteran, community leader
- China group organizing gardeners to support local food pantry
- Despite fewer volunteers, longer hours, local food pantries soldier on