The China Four Seasons Club and The China Village Fire Department held their 2nd annual China Lake Ice Fishing Derby on Sunday, February 14. The event was well attended with the entire group spread out over China Lake, where the fishing for the derby was limited. “It was great to see so many families and children involved with this year’s derby,” said Tom Rumpf, President of the China Four Seasons Club. The largest fish was caught by Jeremy Ross. The largemouth bass weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces, winning both the largemouth fishing division and the “Lunker of the Day” award. The derby concluded with a fireworks display set off by Central Maine Pyrotechnics at the north end of the lake.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Prize Vegetable Contest & Children’s Best-Decorated Fruit or Vegetable Award
- Second vaccines available in China
- China Community Days set for this weekend
- 18th annual China Community Days set for Aug. 6-8, 2021
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- China Four Seasons Club: Non-profit Spotlight
- China School Forest work day set for May 8
- China youth baseball, softball, T-ball registrations being taken
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2021
- Second annual ice fishing derby set for China Lake on February 14