The volunteers for the litter pick up effort in China, “Second Saturdays,” were officially thanked at the selectboard meeting last week, including Gary Nichols, Eric Austin, Don Matheson, Richard Dillenbeck, Bob Bennett, Katie McCormac, Sandra Isaac, Don Poulin, Jerry Marx, Kara Cox and members of Central Church in South China, Ann Austin, Jeani Marquis, Joe Kantor, Dave Jorgensen, Donna Sukeforth, Lori and Yogi, Tamara and Tim Warren, Mark Jandreau, Nichole Lee, Aurie and the kids, the Boy Scouts, Lori Poulin, Scott Munroe, Sherry Spaulding, Mackenzie Roderick, Lili Lefebvre, Hayden Hoague, Sarah Praul, Jackson Roderick, Melissa Vail and many others who helped with this effort!
Thanks also to the China Town Office, the China Transfer Station and The Town Line newspaper for their help and support!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Scaled back Memorial Day observances in central Maine
- Managing lands for high quality water: Kennebec Water District’s watershed management
- Memorial Day parade canceled
- Pandemic casualty: China Dine-ah closing permanently
- South China’s Al Kramer to celebrate 100th birthday May 21
- Les Ames, remembered as family man, decorated veteran, community leader
- China group organizing gardeners to support local food pantry
- Despite fewer volunteers, longer hours, local food pantries soldier on
- China Region Lakes Alliance delays summer employment process
- Local church adapts with lakeside, car side Easter service