The North Loop at the China School Forest is closed until fallen trees can be cleared, but all other trails are open, according to the China Connected newsletter.
There is orange flagging tape around the South Loop and along the far end of the main trail by the power line since that area was part of the harvest and it is more open, and trails are not as obvious. The trails are open during daylight hours, including during school days.
People can park at China Primary School or the north end of China Middle School and access the trails.
Also, the story walk from the Primary School bus circle to the open areas past the pond is now open.
Trail brochures are available at the start of that loop.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- CHINA: Land parcel sale back to square one
- CHINA: Follow-up on land sale story from last week
- China Broadband Committee had a busy September
- The 2021 China Lake watershed based survey completed
- Controversy over China Police Department heats up
- Town manager explains proposed police budget for 2021-22
- Colby professor says China Lake has moderate amounts of nutrients
- South China’s Fieldstone Quickstop under new ownership
- Erskine Academy faces challenge of a year like no other
- Historic alewife restoration initiative hits another milestone