Vassalboro selectmen plan to hold a public hearing on the proposed Marijuana Business Ordinance at the beginning of their Thursday, April 29, meeting. The hearing and meeting begin at 6:30 p.m., in person, in the Vassalboro Community School gymnasium. Masks are required.
Voters will approve or reject the ordinance by written ballot on Tuesday, June 8. Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the town office.
Agenda items for the April 29 selectmen’s meeting that will follow the hearing include final approval of the warrant for the June 7 and 8 annual town meeting and review of bids to install a generator at the school big enough to make the building usable as an emergency shelter.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- VASSALBORO: Two solar farm requests to fill June planners’ agenda
- VASSALBORO: No comments during marijuana ordinance hearing
- Vassalboro holds 250th anniversary commemoration and Civil War monument re-dedication
- VASSALBORO: Solar power, marijuana top planners’ agenda
- Vassalboro voters to decide fate of marijuana ordinance
- Vassalboro school board briefed on full day, in-person classes
- Vassalboro town warrant now includes school budget articles
- Vassalboro kicks off sestercentennial celebration with rededication of Civil War monument on April 26
- Vassalboro selectmen to meet Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Vassalboro school board approves first reading of school budget