Vassalboro selectmen plan to hold a public hearing on the proposed Marijuana Business Ordinance at the beginning of their Thursday, April 29, meeting. The hearing and meeting begin at 6:30 p.m., in person, in the Vassalboro Community School gymnasium. Masks are required.
Voters will approve or reject the ordinance by written ballot on Tuesday, June 8. Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the town office.
Agenda items for the April 29 selectmen’s meeting that will follow the hearing include final approval of the warrant for the June 7 and 8 annual town meeting and review of bids to install a generator at the school big enough to make the building usable as an emergency shelter.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting rescheduled
- Vassalboro planners to meet July 6
- Vassalboro Fundraiser for Fortins
- Vassalboro selectmen cancel October 14 meeting
- Vassalboro planning board: two applicants are approved
- China group cancels fall WindowDressers workshop
- Vassalboro selectmen hold public hearing on mass gathering
- Vassalboro mass gathering ordinance, junkyard permits on selectmen’s agenda
- Bullying problems addressed by Vassalboro school board
- China Broadband Committee had a busy September